Friday, August 10, 2007

ZOG

This morning I got Lily and Evan up and changed. I was finishing up when I heard Will wake and went to get him out of his crib.

This is what Lily looked like when I returned. I must have gotten distracted and left the jar of Triple Paste out (which is, by the way, terrific for resolving bad diaper rash). The tears are because I took the jar away. I then realized this could actually be an emergency, and tried to assess how much she consumed.

The jar says 'If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.' So I called poison control (1.800.222.1222 if you ever need it) and talked to Doug. He assured me that she would be fine, you would need to ingest a lot of zinc oxide to cause any problems. They were so nice, even calling back later in the day to check on her just to be sure and sending us info. He said to call anytime, even 4am.

David is hoping the zinc oxide will give Lily super powers. Perhaps Zog (zinc oxide girl) is impervious to the sun's harmful rays and has the ability to cure rashes with a single glance.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

My dog ate a whole jar of dr. smith's diaper ointment. I called doggy poison control, and they did not know seem concerned. He threw up though and had some other unpleasant after-effects.

Jennifer said...

good to know. she didn't ever seem to get sick so she must not have ingested too much.

poor dog, good to know that he will eat anything though. i envy his after mealtime cleanups.

Michele S said...

Jennifer- So glad you got a night away together! Yuck, on the butt paste!!!!

Okay, my vote is to get a choo choo. You can get the fourth car!!! I had Austin in the fourth car by the time he was four months old. I took a boppie and shoved it around him so he was wedged into a sitting position and he was able to go to the park with us everyday.

Jennifer said...

great idea Michele on the fourth choo choo car, good tip on the boppy. what would triplet mom's do without bobbies?