Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Don't Look


We've had a couple gory boo boos this week.  Sunday, Will's foot got punctured by two tooth pick sized splinters.  Luckily David was around to comfort him while I worked on extracting the wood.  They went for a special ice cream treat afterwards...and I helped myself to a big bowl at home.


Yesterday Evan got injured playing 'Jail' at the park.  A bathroom door was slammed on his toes.  I consider myself pretty good with wounds but this was a bit out of my league so David and I took him to our pediatrician.  Evan wore his doctor outfit and was super brave, even pulling off the clipped toenail himself. Yuck. Followed by, well, more ice cream for the patient and myself.

I think we've learned that keeping our shoes on is probably a good idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck! You have got some tough kids! I can't even look at the picture of Evan's foot. When I'm with them at the park, required attire will be shoes, elbow and knee protectors, helmets and bubble wrap around all other exposed areas. Easy to say, tough to enforce.
Miss you all!

GrammaG said...

So sorry to hear about the boo-boos.