Monday, January 14, 2008

Are we ready?

Friends keep asking us if we are ready for Quattro. I have no idea. I have this feeling I've been to nonchalant about the whole thing and am going to be surprised at how unprepared we are.

But then again, the sleep books won't disappear and mega baby stores will not close once he is born.

We will just have to re-learn as we go. In many ways it will be an entirely new experience. Presumably a baby straight in our arms and to our hospital room. No NICU nurses to guide us every step of the way and get him on a three hour eating/sleeping schedule before we go home.

I didn't get to nurse much with our trio. I may get to experience that closeness and bonding in a whole new way too.

It is hard to know what to expect and to anticipate how he will fit into our lives. Will we think one baby is a piece of cake after our experience with three infants. Or will not having regular night nannies throw us for a loop? Our trio are 16 months old, how they are going to react to us bringing Q home and into their lives?

Three more days and we will see...

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

I'm so excited to hear how it goes... congratulations again!!