Friday, February 15, 2008

The Diagnosis

We have a myriad of illnessess...

Lily has a double ear infection with a fever 102 at the doctor's office.

Evan's ears look good and he didn't give us a diagnosis for the fever/vomitting. I guess he doesn't know and we will just have to hope that this is a 24 hour thing, not a two week virus like last time.

I described Will's sore on his tounge and raised spots on his hands and the Dr. said he has Hand, Foot and Mouth disease which aslo just needs to run it's course, typically 5 to 10 days.

He switched us to our fourth round of antibotic. This time Suprax. Last time they took Suprax they got terrible raw bottoms so they gave me some diaper rash cream samples and told me to call if that doesn't work. I already know that won't work.

It's looking like rough weekend ahead. Having sick babies is the worst. Our normally cheerful and energetic toddlers become clingy and whiney. And we are quarantined from the social circuit. I'm not sure what we can do to stop this cycle of illness. I'll try to disinfect the entire house and all their toys today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Just tell yourself that this will pass. At least your kids are going to have strong immune systems when they are older.

I can only imagine how tired you are.

Marisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
Our son had a terrible 'diaper rash' from an antibiotic, which was actually a yeast infection. Their doc told me not to use baby wipes, as that cleans away the 'good bacteria'. They also told me to use Lotramin AF (antifungal). It's normally used to treat jock itch (nice, huh?) It worked wonders! Hopefully, you're already past that, but if not, give it a try!

Carrie Mann