Friday, February 08, 2008

Bottles

I'm not sure how I'm ever going to get my children off of bottles. We gave them up several months ago, but brought them back when they were sick. Now they are more persistant about having them. Evan now says 'me ba' 'me ba' when he wants his bottle.

We have successfully given up the morning bottle. It took a few days suffering through morning fussiness and thrown sippy cups and then they adjusted. I think nap bottle is next to go, but have been holding off since we have been transitioning from one nap to two. That was enough change for one moment in time. We have recently stretched the nap time to start at 12:30 and the last two days they have slept over two hours. So we may just be about there with the new schedule. So it may be time to try and drop that bottle. But they sure do love their milk, especially the boys.


My mom had to return to Florida this week but David's parents are still able to come and help us out several times a week. We are lucky to have involved family to pitch in and spend time with the kids. It is great to see their eyes light up when they see their grandparents. Will, Evan and Lily have also had a chance to form an even stronger bond with dad these last few weeks. David took two weeks off from work and since I have been up through the night with Holden he has been getting up every morning with the trips, changing them, dressing them and making them breakfast.

I've been spending most of my time with Holden and miss spending as much time with my other children. I find myself nursing Holden in the evening and trying to read them books at the same time. I want to begin to find ways to spend one on one time again with each of my babies in the following weeks.

No comments: